This tour is a vivid introduction to the sights of the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. This two-week itinerary allows us to experience various activities. En route, we see fabulous temples and holy Hindu shrines, charming old hill-stations high in the Western Ghats, princely palaces, wildlife reserves, green waterways and golden beaches.
Our trip begins from Chennai. Setting out from Chennai, India’s fourth largest metropolis, we travel to the temple towns of Mahabalipuram enroute visiting Kanchipuram from where we head towards Pondicherry. One can traces the historical past of town by looking at the quaint colonial heritage buildings. Continuing our trip, we move to Madurai and grand splendor of temples would leave us mesmerized. Sophisticated architecture and interior carving of colossal temples of Thanjore will leave us spellbound. Next we visit breathtakingly destination - Munnar. Tea plantation and guided walk help us to explore the beautiful sceneries. Thekkady evokes images of elephants, unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations. The final stage of this cultural and natural exploration of South India sees us descend to the lush Kerala coast to spend a night on a houseboat on a tour of the famous Kerala backwaters in Alleppey. We finish our tour in the romantic old spice town of Cochin, a trading post on the Arabian Sea since Roman times.
- Larger than life rock temple carvings in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram
- Thanjavur and Madurai – for their different architectural styles
- Munnar, a scenic hill station in the Western Ghats
- Elephants and wildlife at Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Houseboat cruise through the backwaters of Alleppey
- Fort Kochi- an amalgam of Old Portuguese, British and Dutch colonial architecture